• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Best air filter set up on 6.5

Actually gonna do that...do oil change and spray old oil under truck..
Just ordered new rear shock mount that broke..and 4 new shocks. I got them from Rock Auto. Ordered the Monro magna's..says there heavy duty so hopefully they will last a bit. And truck will ride better.. I put Gabriels in it before cause that's what I could afford. They shit the bed quick. Shocks were not highest priority but wife is pregnant now(4 1/2) months.. and she's in the truck with me all day. Doing deliveries in Ithaca and there roads are horrible.. so figured for the babies sake better get the truck riding better.
BTW wrong thread but we deliver at Cornell University multiple times a day, and there's barely any social distancing and huge groups with no masks...what a joke

That whole college is far left of center isn’t it? Youtube video of them not wearing masks would probably get them kicked out of their own club one would think.

Then again the governor on NV cancelled a bunch of workers from being allowed to work including any live music. That is until 2 days ago he was video’d at a fancy restaurant with live band playing and he of course had front stage seating. Then the next day’s press conference he answered by saying “That kind” was allowed for some reason meanwhile most venues can’t. Uh-huh.

Hypocrisy.

Okay so this is interesting. I've been saying for a long time that when the guy did to break job on my rear end he screwed something up and that's what's making my truck feel like it's dragging.. it's been taken apart probably five or six times since then nobody can figure out what's wrong with it.I even put a post on here about it and was told just drive it it's in your imagination. Well something interesting happened.. I believe I blew a wheel cylinder driver side rear. Don't know for sure because I haven't taken it apart cuz I don't have time. I know it's blown because well fluid is all over my drum and my pedal is soft as hell if I don't refill the reservoir once in awhile..but on the flip side the truck doesn't feel like it has a trailer behind it anymore. The only thing I can think of is when the first person put the new wheel cylinders in inside the drums the little Pistons that go into them were on an angle not straight in and out. But no matter what we tried that's how they were so he assumed that's how they went if anybody's got any ideas before I tear this thing apart I'd love to hear them LOL

Any chance I was given the wrong cylinders,? And that's why the Pistons are on a angle.. does anyone have a pic of what the drum breaks are supposed to look like when assembled? It's a 97 c3500 dually if that makes any difference. And it's not a hd.

Any chance I was given the wrong cylinders,? And that's why the Pistons are on a angle.. does anyone have a pic of what the drum breaks are supposed to look like when assembled? It's a 97 c3500 dually if that makes any difference. And it's not a hd.
There's a very good possibility of being given the wrong parts. Happens often. Check The Oem part numbers and cross reference the numbers

Okay this is going to sound stupid maybe, keeping in mind that my truck is a dually any ideas as to why my differential and the rear end is staying locked so when I turn corners it's trying to drag

Very true Traveler. Fixed the brake line wensday night. Had to work last night in ithica.. hopefully can change shoes and cylinder on passenger side tonight..we have our 20 week ultrasound today to find out what the baby is ( you know a Republican or a Democrat) so keeping fingers crossed..lol. gonna try to get a couple other things done..

Very true Traveler. Fixed the brake line wensday night. Had to work last night in ithica.. hopefully can change shoes and cylinder on passenger side tonight..we have our 20 week ultrasound today to find out what the baby is ( you know a Republican or a Democrat) so keeping fingers crossed..lol. gonna try to get a couple other things done..
You are a funny guy....;)

Back