• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My Shop

So in the process of checking things outmore I discovered that the bar that holds the guide arms wasn't parallel with the bed, which also means the entire arm assembly wasn't either. Looked at it pretty closely and couldn't find a way to adjust that. So I decided to try and shim the bar parallel. To start with I had to remove the graduated scale on the front of it. When I got that off, it was riveted on the ends as well as glued, I discovered that there was some adjustments there as well. Any ways I made a 3/16" shim and put that on but it wasn't quite enough. So I ended up making a 1/4" one. I was really pleased with the results. Everything seems to be falling into place now. Blade is centered in the bed slot, I was able to raise the bar a tad which helped with the arm height, and it seems to be tracking on the rear wheel better.
Getting alot closer to being useable nowIMG_20200305_164728.jpgIMG_20200305_171939.jpg

Setting up a bandsaw is so annoying and takes forever. But if you don’t do it the thing becomes next to worthless in short order. Just have to remind yourself the good deal on it and this is where you’re paying for some of it.

Been watching some TV and kinda in the back of my mind thinking about my bandsaw. I'm thinking that it took a spill at some point, there is a small bend in the main frame,hence having to adjust the rear wheel, but that's also the reason I had to shim the guide bar

That would make sense. Seeing how much you were trying to adjust it I was thinking they can be out a bit from factory then wear more, but that was a lot. Falling off a truck when moving it sounds more reasonable.

Paint didn't turn out all that well. My shop is about 50-55*. I think I either didn't wait long enough for the primer to dry or I had a reaction from dissimilar products, not terrible but not as nice as I was going for. I just finished adjusting things, I can put a piece of 3" flat bar in it vertically and it cuts nice and square. Still a few more things to do on it but definitely useable now.

That will be a very handy tool. I would like to have a nice horizontal bandsaw. You have a nice collection of machines now. What’s left on your list to get?

Well Les, if the paint job is sub par, you're a pretty good Photographer. :)

The cooler temp could have been your problem, I've had to wait for 2 days or more to paint on primer or a second coat because of slow drying.

Back