• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5 diesel

Get the clear line on the return side and dont ever go back to rubber. You’ll have to replace it every few years but it is a like $2 and very easy. That is where you need to see if there is air bubbles.

A trapped small bubble is ok, but flowing bubbles means you are sucking air. If you chase the whole truck and cant find it, GM/ Stanandyne says also put clear line on the inlet to the ip to see if the ip is the cause.

Never heard of checking for air out the water drain valve. But opening it while running is a smart idea, and you should measure how many seconds to fill a quart there, then let that fuel settle out and check for contamination. Word of caution, if the ip is completely dead (noise from lift pump doesn’t mean it is pumping) then you will suck air in the drain valve and have to bleed the injectors.

8-14 psi is desirable at the ds4 ip inlet, but Like AK said, hitting zero means the lift pump can’t keep up and you are wearing out the ip in a hurry. Rig in a permanent “T” and put a gauge on the dash is smartest move. You need to see the gauge when the engine is working it’s hardest.

Yes all good advice today I did some testing on it and there was some rust in the tank I had clean most of it out and refurbish the tank but there must have been some in the line or something like that but that wasn't the issue I cleaned all that out the issue was that the pump was failing that I got from Leroy diesel so I found Delphi that's the same number as the Carter number here locally at Napa and I'm going to go and pick that up tomorrow but the pump is just not pumping it's running but it's not pumping fuel so I'm not sure if the rust in the line or what ruined pomp and there was also some in the fuel filter 2 so I'm going to change that also but I'm pretty sure I narrowed down the problem I have a pretty good fuel pressure gauge from snap-on and I could look at it while I was running and it would do okay when it was cold and then it would just drop out and go down to zero so the pump is failing I think but I'm going to do the clear hose thing that's pretty good idea

just wanted to let everybody know that it is a check on the fuel pressure in the car to pump was bad that I got from Leroy's tried to get a warranty through him but he said he wasn't warranty him anymore I would imagine it's because they're out of business from what I can read so instead of going to a $400 lift pump I just put the stock pump back in there I had a lot of rust inside the lift pump and it must have been inside line so I replace the lines and put a feed the beast system on there and put a stock ACDelco pump back in and I'm running it down to sing runs better than it ever has lots of power very good pickup and it's running great again I really do appreciate everybody's help and I did put clear hose on the return line so I can see all the bubbles that are going through it if there is any but it seems like the stock pump works pretty damn good I tried to find a equivalent in Delphi but my fittings from The Carter pump wouldn't work so just a little disappointed in Leroy's that they wouldn't warranty out the fuel pump but I guess he has his way of doing things so I have to respect that but thank you for everything you guys did and I'm going to be searching around this now that I know how to use it to try to help other people if I can

Does not mean to side with anybody but in the description of the Carter Fuel Pump on Leroy's website, it stated that "Carter has no warranty". On the line after the NOTE. I assume Carter is the one that does not provide warranty, so Leroy just passing it on if there is such a warranty or not.

At any rate, if you don't put any pre-filtration into the fuel system, theoretically, a stock Lift Pump from 93 model year (EP158 or equivalent) should be sufficient. You can still use the LP harness from Leroy.

Yeah he told me that he's changed his website daddy was a war until you many more since they were made in China I bought this back in January and he said it had a warranty on it I just wish that he would take it off his front page so people that don't know that much about these diesels won't get suckered into buying something that's really kind of crapand when I bought it it was a lot more expensive it was like 320 and I see you brought the prices down on them and I do have the way to prime harness I bought everything from Leroy diesel my turbo my inlets my programming for the computer the water pump assembly that's the bigger one the dual thermostat just about everything from him so it's not a big deal I got it fixed I just wish that I had known not to buy that pump cuz I paid $320 for it with the harness and I wish that I could have just bought the factory one from the beginning and just bought the harness separately

Back