• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil cooler lines.

Call Leroy, if he is not there, leave him a message and he will call you back.

The website is also very good and it has pricing there.

I have heard a lot of horror story on failing oil cooler lines at the wrong time (aka when driving) and it takes out the engine to become paper weight.

Not being my day.. went to pull fuel filter and somehow broke the orange vacuum hose...not even sure what it goes to

The orange vacuum line most likely goes from the vacuum pump to the wastegate solenoid or the turbo.

Are you still using the vacuum pump to run the wastegate on the turbo? If so the cracked line will mess with the boost. Can probably patch it back together with rubber line or just replace it with rubber.

Last edited:
There were two lines side-by-side one black and one orange... The black one goes to the round thing on the top of the turbo it's hooked up to the wastegate..... The orange line goes down into the block basically right behind the alternator don't know where it goes from there.

Oh okay... So the two new lines and he sends you the fittings for 1/2 and 3/8 in the same kit?? So you use whichever fittings you need but you get both in the kit?... If that's the case that's not tooo bad..
I am not sure about getting both sets of fittings. Check with Leroy. It seems that I remember getting both sets, but it has been many years ago.

There were two lines side-by-side one black and one orange... The black one goes to the round thing on the top of the turbo it's hooked up to the wastegate..... The orange line goes down into the block basically right behind the alternator don't know where it goes from there.
Going down, they should go to the vacuum pump. They should also run the Vacuum/ turbo solenoid on the back drivers corner of the engine

I believe that route is from vacuum pump to selenoid on drivers side then from selenoid to turbo the 2 line are together most of the way but split so they can go to either the pump or turbo

That's what I'm thinking... I replaced them both.... Lori replacing the broken one mr. Murphy paid me a visit... Well hooking up the new orange one I broke the other one.. and of course I had bought the last one so I had to go to another parts house to get another one

So if I'm not mistaken if I put a manual wastegate on it I can eliminate all that crap right

So now I'm thoroughly confused... Got under the truck and peel back the heat shield from the oil cooler lines... They are not braided like Leroy cells...but they're not the hard plastic ones that AutoZone has either.... They look more like hydraulic hoses or AC hoses... I'm attaching some pics ..tell me if I'm wrong.56053

Back