• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2L/6.5L Diesel Shops in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale, FL. area

Madrugador

Reaction score
I have moved from Illinois to the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, FL. area and in need of a good 6.2L/6.5L Diesel Shop. I need a shop more so now that when I was in Illinois because I live in a condominium complex and I can’t do repairs on the property;however, in Illinois I lived in a single family home with a large garage, this is a big negative of condo living. If anyone know of such a place or know of a contact in the area that can help in my search, please contact me or post.
Thanks!
Madrugador

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t think about that! If I can’t locate such a shop, I will try this option; however, there are some things that may need to be done in the future that is “above my pay grade” and need the expertise of a pro. Again, thanks for the suggestion!
-Madrugador

Thanks for the suggestion. I didn’t think about that! If I can’t locate such a shop, I will try this option; however, there are some things that may need to be done in the future that is “above my pay grade” and need the expertise of a pro. Again, thanks for the suggestion!
-Madrugador
Make some friends that has shops. LOL
Most anything You need to know about repairs can be had from a manual, and, from posting threads about problems.
About the only thing an individual might not have would be a tech2 type scanner to make adjustments and such. The OTC Genesis scanners works well for seeing where the timing is at, along with some clones that thefermanator has a thread on.

What I would like to have done for now is to have the engine tuned up so that it is running optimally! Check fuel pump setting, etc. Thanks for asking! This is a HUGH region, one would think that there would exists a few diesel
“cracker jacks” with these engines.
Madrugador

Having lived in South Florida I can tell you that you will be hard pressed to find any GM 6.2/6.5 diesel mechanic worth their salt.

My 99 Diesel Suburban was serviced while under warrantee by an AM General truck facility after I found that no Chevy or GMC dealer even had 6.2/6.5 qualified mechanics.

Thanks, for the reply even though it is sobering. Right now I am trying out a shop near my home. I can’t comment on their work because they are performing it right now, but it took me a long time to locate this shop. It is sad that a major metropolitan area doesn’t have a great 6.2L/6.5L diesel shop.

Thanks, for the reply even though it is sobering. Right now I am trying out a shop near my home. I can’t comment on their work because they are performing it right now, but it took me a long time to locate this shop. It is sad that a major metropolitan area doesn’t have a great 6.2L/6.5L diesel shop.
Good luck with it!

Back