• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Drive shaft travel

Landon730

Reaction score
I have a odd question but I converted my 98 from auto to manual last week and obviously had to have the driveshaft redone. When I installed it back in the truck it can’t move any. It’s a 2 piece by the way. The carrier is adjusted as far backwards (closest to the axle) as it can go. Will this hurt anything? I had no trouble installing it I just want to make sure it’s not gonna mess the tranny or transfer case up

With the trunions uncoupled from the differential yoke, can the drive shaft be moved forwards any at all ?
Like the ferm said, it must have at least an inch of forwards travel. I like just a little more than that, like an inch and a half, but, that all depends too on how deep the slip yoke is.

With the trunions uncoupled from the differential yoke, can the drive shaft be moved forwards any at all ?
Like the ferm said, it must have at least an inch of forwards travel. I like just a little more than that, like an inch and a half, but, that all depends too on how deep the slip yoke is.
Not sure I’ll have to see I’ll take some pictures of it and post and see what you think about the travel8B198B97-647F-4C5E-95AA-01082AD7C07C.jpeg1EB6B4A0-A0A1-4181-A026-2F2B3154C9BB.jpeg657394CA-4977-45EC-8D02-AD15D4E32A93.jpeg

Back