• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Removing carpet.

snarl95

Reaction score
I have to remove the carpet from my truck because of the heater core leak. How do you get the 4 wheel drive shift knob off? Also any suggestions for coating the floor before I put the carpet back or if I leave the carpet out.

I used a non-skid naval deck coating that is UV resistant called DuraBak in light grey on the interior floor.
No clue on the floor shift bracket and cover for 4x4 sorry.

A lot of guys do rhino line inside. It gives a nice finished look with many color options and it will never wear out. If you get the floor muddy, it is much easier to clean. Just rinse with the garden hose on low so it doesn’t spalsh everywhere.

It does not muffle the sound or heat/cold as good as carpet padding. So your a/c and heater will both take longer to get you cozy. And if you have a noticeable drone in the truck, it will get a little bit worse.

The nice thing is if you do it and decide the padding and carpet was better- if you add it in on top of the coating, it will do a better job combined.

Back