• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel line Schematic

Is it an easy job Mike? I have a buddy that is a professional welder.
Can it be done while the rear end is still on the truck?

Should be easy enough Jeff. I always disconnect the batteries before welding on any vehicle but on a differential it shouldn't be a problem. You're just doing weld on the tube so I don't see any issues with it.

Oh yeah! Nothing at all for a pro welder. Cleaning off the rusted area is the hard part. Fitting and welding in is no biggie.

I would still disconnect batteries. Make sure ground is attached to the axle housing. I have seen good welders not used to welding on rigs and don’t realize grounding to the frame could send arcing through bearings causing damage.

Well.... Today I got around to running my 3/8 return line from engine to tank. I ran the 3/8 fuel line inside some 3/4 liquid tite flex pipe to give it some extra protection. Just waiting on some 1/2 " Fuel line for the feed.
I have to admit, I am very pissed that my brake lines and fuel lines have corroded to the point where they leak or blow out. This should never, ever happen on a modern day car or truck. Furthermore, my shock mount broke off too. I still haven't fixed that yet. It actually broke off the cross member that goes over rear end and connects to frame rails. The metal was way too thin for me to start with, so GM dropped the ball on that too. WTF. It just never ends.

Last edited:
Back