• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2009 GMC K3500 cc drw.

Cab and chassis has 2 tanks for 48 gallons iirc vs 34 gallon single tank for the regular 3500. Cab and chassis may have a lower hp tune(don't think this started until 11, but I'm not certain) than the regular. And cab and chassis trucks typically had narrower frame rails to them. There's several other upfitter differences, but these are the main ones that come to mind.

Cab and chassis has 2 tanks for 48 gallons iirc vs 34 gallon single tank for the regular 3500. Cab and chassis may have a lower hp tune(don't think this started until 11, but I'm not certain) than the regular. And cab and chassis trucks typically had narrower frame rails to them. There's several other upfitter differences, but these are the main ones that come to mind.
Thank you very much. I just bought one and have a lot of learning to do. First diesel.

Welcome PJ.
I used to Own a truck equipment upfitter shop years ago. One thing I will say- go get any specific literature you can from the dealership now before it hits that evil 10 year mark when they dump availability- that is if they have any. Back in the 90’s that was standard procedure. Buy books, cd, etc of this info now if any is available even if you wont be turning the wrenches yourself.

Some folks with the older rigs now have a hard time figuring out parts, or getting ahold of electrical schematics.

If you fill out your signature line on here with the truck details it will help in us in the future when you have questions. Then you don’t get some wrong info or have to type it out each time.

I was also told that it requires commercial insurance in FL. I don't know if this is the same everywhere or not. It was news to me.

Not here. Here 20,000 lbs is the only division line. 20,001 and up is cdl and all that goes with it. At 20,000 might as well be a Toyota mini truck here. Any other states you can register in legally?

I was also told that it requires commercial insurance in FL. I don't know if this is the same everywhere or not. It was news to me.
That is more so between you and your insurance company. Most cab and chassis trucks are used for commercial use, but not all. I live in Florida and have also seen how 1 company will tell you one thing, and another will do something completely different.

Back