• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Adding heated mirrors to 95 my Burban

Pruittx2

Been around a bit
Reaction score
With one mirror glass broke and one mirror not fully working, on my 1995 Suburban, I decided to order a new set.
So I ordered a 99 factory set with Power and Heated glass. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B008G1ZIOI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 for under $51.

My 95 had power but not heat, So here's how that went!
617ROFuDXWL.jpeg
This is the plug that came on new mirrors,, 6 wires in a 8 hole plug.
the stock mirrors had a 4wire/4hole plug.

First thing is to pull these 2 grey wire retention plugs out,,,

42553-750dcb809222701c871961cb9079b5bb.jpg

Then with a filed down flat edged paper clip,,, you slip the pin end into the cavity
to release the hold tab to be able to slide the wires out of the black plastic block

087.jpeg

to get this:
044.jpg

Now all the wires on the new mirror have the same color as the old mirror,, so just match them up and all set NOT!!!!
doing that got me right is up, and up is left,, and down is,,,, well you get it. It couldn't be that easy. So with some trial and
error,, we finally got the magic match up. Re inserted the wires back in the 4 hole plug, leaving the 2 black wires out for the
heated mirror, and plugged her in. and Viola!
063.jpeg

and on the passenger side,, 2 of the wires were completely different color than the Driver side.
So decode them again, via guess work, and get it right.

From this,,,,
082.jpeg

To This!
084.jpeg

The 2 blacks were for the defrost ,, so one grounds to mirror stud,, other ran thru door
down thru firewall, with the help of removing door panels, and home made snake tool

091.jpeg

Pulled up to mirror.

092.jpeg

Tied them both together, and after some searching found this plug in the lower driver area, that was live on the rear
defrost button on HVAC control panel.

079.jpeg

Now we're all set.

Attachments

• 085.jpeg
    085.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
This location in box, ( Labeled NAT ) next to E'brake under dash. Test light shows power with Defrost button activated. No relay needed

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 4
Back