• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Finding the correct stock calibration for YOUR truck.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
This mostly applies to owners of LML's as owners of 2010 and earlier trucks can read the stock calibration out of your ECM.

1. You need YOUR VIN number from the truck you a re tuning. It MUST be the VIN to the truck the tune is going to.

2. Go to GM's TIS site( https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web ), and put the VIN in the box in the upper left that says VIN, and click get CAL id.

3. On the next page select ECM, and click next.

4. The next page will be the page with the calibration ID info for the tune that is supposed to be in the truck you are looking up. inside the box for module in the upper left you need to go through and select each one and in the main window below it will show the calibration ID's for each segment. You can also select each revision and see why GM made a change. The segment listed at teh bottom of the tree will be the most current segment for the most up to date tune file.

5. Now the fun part. I listed the segment breakdown for each LML tune file I uploaded just for this step so you didn't have to download each file needlesly. Match the segment number up one at a time with the tune you need. You have to make sure that ALL segments of the tune file match to what TIS shows for your truck. If not, bad things can happen. This can be a time consuming task, but it is neccesary. It helps though to know 2500/3500 and such as the description for the tune files can help the process of elimination right there quite a bit.

Hopefully others can understand my directions as I know I'm not the best at righting them out. Any questions please post up and I will amend this sticky as needed to clarify.

Thanks for sharing your hard work you are very generous. Off the subject little but rumor is around the GM training center is in 2017 GM/Duramax will no longer be using Bosch fuel and ecm on the Duramax. Have you heard anything?

Not sure, 2017 has been pretty hush hush. And those who are in the know say they won't dare say a peep about it as it would be there job. I do know GM went in house starting mid year 2015 for the ALLISON TCM, so they very well could be going in house for the ECM again(01-05 was a DELPHI unit). As to the fuel system, I doubt they will abandon the new piezo injector design as they started it in 2011. I don't know of what else they would go to other than piezo injectors as right now that is top of the line.

questions? where did you get these stock tunes? i know you cant read the stock tune out of a LML with out unlocking the ecu. which no one seems to be willing to share that knoledge..... i have access to GM, i have a tech and a MDI. i can program any module on a GM vehicle using TIS. i have EFI and a V2. is there a way to download the tunes from TIS to my laptop? is there someone i can send my ecu to and have unlocked?????

The tunes I uploaded were the ones somebody uploaded to 4share, then yanked them down once they realized people had found them. Legally the only way to get the tune is to read it out of an ecm that you own. The only way to do that is to solder a very fine piece of wire into a critical fragile connection on the ecm's board that jumpers and enables the internal boot port of the ecm. Then you need a few thousand dollars worth the software and hardware to hook up to the boot port and read out the raw binary read from the ecm. Then you need software to convert the raw binary hex into a .bin file, then convert that into a recognizeable format for your choice of tuning software. If you're using efilive, there are 2 vendors I know of that will sell you a base file for I believe a $100 for a vin number.

Back