1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What did you do with your GMT400 today...or yesterday....

Discussion in 'GM 6.5 Diesel Engines' started by deejaaa, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Paveltolz

Paveltolz Доверяй, но проверяй

May 9, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, UT
    Burb
    Rust stripper wheel and then shot some rust treatment on inside of the DS fender; cut out an inner fender bolt that was just spinning: replaced the inner fender; re-attached the front driveshaft; put the front wheels on; got it running (need to give it a little throttle at start up to actually catch...have to do this every time I start it after it sits for a couple of hours...fuel pin hole allowing air in I think) and actually moved the beast around a bit. Need to reinstate the insurance to actually road test it. About %^&* time!

Big T, MrMarty51, BIGR and 2 others like this.
  2. Paveltolz

May 9, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, UT
    Burb. Insurance reinstated. Time to test drive it. The starting was laborious, Service Engine Soon light illuminated and the test drive disappointing...no power. It doesn't have the acceleration the truck does because of differences in weight, gearing, motor and tune but, it was never unable to get out of it's own way like this morning. Trouble shooting followed and it turned out the Optical Sensor connector had backed out just enough to break contact. So, "Limp Mode." Pushed it back in, inserted the safety tab, unplugged the PCM and did a 're-learn' and the Service Engine Soon light is out. Only issue I'm workin now is my code scanner won't communicate with the vehicle. I'm working through the check list in the manual...more to follow I'm sure.

3. smokymtn65

smokymtn65 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2015
    East TN
    New bearing in the idler pulley, in the Burb

MrMarty51 and Jaryd like this.
  4. deejaaa

deejaaa Diesel Beginner

Sep 19, 2008
    Texas
    replaced front left caliper.

MrMarty51 and Jaryd like this.
  5. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2009
    Fullerton, CA
    Sister put a rock through my right rear quarter panel window while using a weed whip. Cost was $225 which is below my insuarance deductible. She covered it and also got me a new windshield for $200, replacing the heavily pitted original which had a developing crack from a rock strike.

Attached Files:

6. Paveltolz

May 9, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, UT
    Flag Day and the U.S. Army's birthday today so I stuck the flag in the stake pocket and parked it out front. Washed the Burb for the first time in several months.

7. BIGR

BIGR Lucky To Be Here

Jun 9, 2008
    Appalachian Mountains
    That sucks for sure I have been down that road before, I put a rock through the back glass of my Century Truck Cap a few years ago at my parents house while weed eating, there was about 10,000 pieces of glass. Insurance company was trying to make me pay a deductible, I said sorry Charlie there is no deductible on comprehensive coverage, it was not a collision. My Collision coverage has a deductible.

Stupid body shop had done an estimate on it and wrote it up as a collision, I educated the girl at the body shop what a collision was, be danged if the check I got in the mail was less the deductible after all... :mad: I picked up the phone and called my agent, she apologized and made the insurance company send me a check for the full replacement cost.