'Turning up' Fisher hydraulic pump

Discussion in 'General Truck Uses' started by Matt Bachand, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Matt Bachand

Matt Bachand Depends on the 6.5

When Cleaning out frozen water outta my resevoir I noticed what appears to be a set-screw on my hydraulic pump inside the resevoir. It must control the flow rate of the fluid, making plow movement faster?

Has anyone tampered with this? I have a backup unit, so perhaps I'll try it on the backup and see if it makes the plow movement faster. I'll post a pic in a few.

The screw is the shorter one, closest to elmo's hand :) next to the long shaft that goes into the starter like motor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  2. blizzardplowman

blizzardplowman Crowd Control Staff Member

Matt, you can mees with it, 90% of the time it wont go any faster. The "screw" increases the pressure, but you are still limited by the lines. It is normaly set around 1800PSI iirc. A 2500 psi guage in a t set up in one of the angle lines would tell you.

3. woodchuck2

woodchuck2 New Member

X2, a friend of mine has problems with his once in a while. The plow will work fine one minute and then all the sudden it will go very slow and have little power. He just hops out and does a little fine tuning and off he goes with the plow working fine again. A fisher dealer told him how to fix his plow when he first had problems with it.

4. shortcircut65

shortcircut65 LT OFD N-49

my uncle has all fishers on his trucks. the one i used to drive, the plow would move slower than shit, and flop all over the place. if left up for a while, it would eventually fall to the ground. it was on a 01 F-350 V-10. minute mount.

Ken

5. Matt Bachand

Matt Bachand Depends on the 6.5

I believe that screw is the blade drop screw.

The plow works... old, big, heavy... but works and still makes $$$$....