1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Sunday's Boating & Fishing Trip In Northern New York

Discussion in 'General Recreation' started by RYDNHI4X4, May 4, 2008.

1. RYDNHI4X4

RYDNHI4X4 Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Here is what I caught guys.

Northern Pike 2lbs.
    Small Mouth Bass 4lbs.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      42.6 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. saratoga

saratoga Unpaid Help Staff Member Moderator

May 3, 2008
    Lithia, FL
    I recognize the bass, but the pike thing is definitely odd.

Looks cold there too!:D

3. Unit453

Unit453 Cruises comfortably at 140... Staff Member Administrator

Feb 10, 2008
    Bradenton, FL
    It was chilly this morning. Its only 50 now which is chilly for this time of year. The wind is kickin too which dosent help things.

Too bad he threw it back...I coulda been eatin that big bastard tonight.

4. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Yeah I got rained on for the first 2 hrs of fishing with 40 degree temps, but now the sun is out.

5. NNYdiesel

NNYdiesel Recruit

May 4, 2008
    Nice fish. You gotta watch out for those pike though their teeth are pretty sharp and if not carefull they will cut ya pretty good. The pike in lake ontario get much bigger than that though we caught one last year that was 36" long but only weighed 12 lbs. It was all spawned out and most of her teeth had fallen out of her head so it would have died soon after. Where were you guys fishing at. From the pictures it looks kinda like the mouth of the black river near the lake.

6. truckie481

truckie481 Dagum

May 4, 2008
    Cleveland, NY
    Nice fish, I was working last night so I slept today but my youngest son (15) went out with my brother and caught 3 northern and 3 walleye.

7. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    We went fishing on Lake Boneapart is how I think you spell it.

8. NNYdiesel

NNYdiesel Recruit

May 4, 2008
    I know where that is but have never fished there. I hear it is nice though. You ever try to fish out in lake ontario at all?

9. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I just went on a road trip to CA to get my boat and today was the first time I have fished here in NY.

Does Lake Ontario have some type of alarm system if the winds get to bad then that means if you have a small boat get off the lake or you will capsize?

10. NNYdiesel

NNYdiesel Recruit

May 4, 2008
    Yeah kind of the national weather service has a radio station that just constantly reports on the current weather conditions of lake ontario. When the winds are high kind of like today they will issue small craft warnings. The problem is you need a portable hand held weather radio to hear it. They can be had for cheap but you just gotta remember to keep it charged, extra batteries etc. You should be alright though with the boat in your sig. That is the same size as my bass tracker and i haven't had any problems yet. Just watch the weather on TV before you go out and pay attention to the wind. Also you should get yourself some maps showing where all the shoals are and the depths around the lake.

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  11. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Where can I find those maps.

12. NNYdiesel

NNYdiesel Recruit

May 4, 2008
    Pretty much any bait and tackle shop around here has them also gander mountain and dicks should have them as well. Alot of the gas stations have them too.

13. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    PM has been sent.

14. SaguaroKid

SaguaroKid A(ACLU) Mojo Man

May 8, 2008
    Eyeowa
    I ain't butting in but I would recommend a Marine Band radio with an 8' antenna in case you need help plus they have a weather channel on em too.

15. RYDNHI4X4

May 3, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Good idea Thanks.

16. SaguaroKid

SaguaroKid A(ACLU) Mojo Man

May 8, 2008
    Eyeowa
    On big water I take smoke fuses, flare gun and distress flag too. Always have the wife so what the heck I prepare as much as I can. Also a lot of the maps have GPS coordinates on them so a Depth sounder/GPS is a great aid and you can get smart maps that plug right into them.
    I always had better luck finding out where the bite is going on at in the bar better than the bait shop...:ihih:

17. Res1cue

Res1cue New Member

May 31, 2008
    Lake Bonepart, or as my dad would say, Lake BLOW ME APART lol, Harrisville NY, I do believe, I ride wheelers with a club up there, In Newton Falls, small town, Big trails, not to mention, where else can You find sweet mountain view dunes in NY? If you get a chance, you should take a ride up there, its beautiful!