1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

smoked by granny in a caddy

Discussion in 'Truck Competitions' started by GMCYA, May 6, 2008.

1. GMCYA

GMCYA Resident Coonass

I got my ass handed to me this morning by a white haired older lady in a new cadillac cts. She kept speeding up and slowing down in the left lane and I was in a hury and there was traffic on the right. She finally passed the big truck and got over in the right lane. I pullled on side and looked over and shook my head, she was on the PHONE. This is funny as hell, she looked at me dead serious, gave me the wrinkled youre #1 wave and floored it. I did not have a chance as I was in the lil 1.8L commuter. Couldn't catch up even if I was fred flintstonein it to help. Why does this kind of shit never happen when I am in my truck. Oh well, I figured it would make one hell of a first kill story.

2. schulte

schulte ACCELLERANT!!!

May 4, 2008
    Southern CT
    I always get the worst looks from old people. Don't know WTF their problem is.

3. FactoryMX

FactoryMX Mile High

May 4, 2008
    lol thats funny. I hate when people drive in the passing lane and never pass the person!!!

4. Clark20ry

Clark20ry Agent #58 OB-DII A(ALCU)

May 5, 2008
    Surprise AZ
    My feeling is they feel they have earned the right to be snobbish and do things what ever they want because of there age.... they have earned it... Blah!!!

5. SfcJones

SfcJones A(ACLU) SGT. SLAUGHTER

May 3, 2008
    South Ga.
    Caddy CTS, even if you were in your truck I don't think you could stay with it at all, That is a bad car with power to spare, CTS V is badder, vette motor with a 6 speed manual tranny that runs up to 140 mighty quick

6. WanaDmax

WanaDmax New Member

May 4, 2008
    Pleasanton, CA
    When your in your truck, they get scared, so they dont bite.

7. Unit453

Unit453 Cruises comfortably at 140... Staff Member Administrator

Feb 10, 2008
    Bradenton, FL
    Its probably those HUGE chrome stove pipes sticking out your bed....:sifone:

8. jb23

jb23 Recruit

May 4, 2008
    Illinois
    Little white haired old ladies own you now. good luck next time

9. Louisianarebel

Louisianarebel Fits gonna hit the SHan soon

May 5, 2008
    LA
    Fear the old ladies... I fear my mom... her car can smoke most on the road around here.
    S55 AMG Mercedes... Fun fun fun to drive. She goes 55 everywhere tho

10. FLSTFI Dave

FLSTFI Dave A(ACLU)Agent Deep Driller

May 4, 2008
    Ten Mile TN
    That is what I want, a CTS-V:cornut: Mighty nice.

My mom, 70 years old just got a Pontiac G-8. Thing is scary quick. She to drives 55.....everywhere, in town, back roads, Hwy, and subdivision:shocked::frown2:

11. Louisianarebel

Louisianarebel Fits gonna hit the SHan soon

May 5, 2008
    LA
    Those poor cars... they can IDLE up to 55 fast as my old chevy can floored.... :reddevil::auto::driving::hat:

12. Trailmaster01

Trailmaster01 Marshall

May 3, 2008
    New Jersey
    CTS-V

I saw one the other day for the first time...they ARE sweet

13. Gruber

Gruber Tin Can Rider

May 4, 2008
    1000 Oaks, California
    Old Folks are smart! They want the power in case they need to make a "quick getaway" are or give some smarty pants a ass:spank:

14. Yaz

Yaz Big Brother

May 4, 2008
    NH
    My bud a work has the CTS with a manual trany and custom exhaust, It goes good but I crushed him and now he wants a V.

15. GM Guy

GM Guy Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast

May 6, 2008
    NW Kansas and SC Idaho
    Whatever happened to little old ladies driving slow as heck? My grandma (when mad at me or dad) will peel out in the gravel drive, and in Boise Id going to a doctors appointment chirps the tires on the 01 Grand Caravan w/ the 3.8 at a stoplight.

She also plays cop! somebody was rippin up the backroads around her house when they were going to work, she wips out of the intersection in hot pursuit, 80 or so on a narrow two lane, and she turned the guy in!

That poor van has been through hell! :queasy:

16. GMCYA

GMCYA Resident Coonass

Ran a cts already, it's pretty quick but I was pissin the older guy off. He could not pass me. The CTS V is one damn sweet ride, and quick.
    My GF has a 04 Grand Prix GT. trying to get her to trade it in on a G8. Those are some fun cars to drive.

edit: when I did run the cts on the interstate I later checked the evo and it said top speed was 132 :eek6:. limiter set to 140. It did start to feel kinda weird. I think that was the longest I ever kept it to the floor.
    What is the top speed on one of these? It won't be me to find out! My tires are only rated for 99:nono:.

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  17. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Member Advocate Staff Member Lead Moderator

Feb 10, 2008
    Slidell, La
    that is too funny...

18. Gunner0812

Gunner0812 A(ACLU) Agent Mini Gunner

May 3, 2008
    Dayton, Oh.
    The new CTS-V has 550 hp!:coolgleamA:

19. Yaz

Yaz Big Brother

May 4, 2008
    NH
    I know they are ridiculous. from a dig I got my friend. On the top end would be a different story.. But I didn't tell him that lol!