1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Raced a 6.4

Discussion in 'Truck Competitions' started by Louisianarebel, May 7, 2008.

1. Louisianarebel

Louisianarebel Fits gonna hit the SHan soon

May 5, 2008
    LA
    We were neck n neck. I had my superchip on towing. He said his bullydog was on lowest setting but he also said he didnt do a 4x4 launch. (BS)
    We both did a 4x4 launch because my buddy was in his truck behind me watching. He started to get a little ahead around 85. I was surpised about mine keepin up.

2. 05_CTD_CalebS

05_CTD_CalebS New Member

May 17, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Nice run..I heard the new 6.4's were fast as snot...but it is that fuel mileage that is really killing them...

3. 12ga diesel

12ga diesel Jack of all, Master of none

May 4, 2008
    McHenry,IL
    Nice run. How long did you guys go for? I've also heard about them being pretty fast. Have yet to race one yet. I have seen more of the Super Dutys that have lost the DPF then the GMT-900's. I've only seen one or two of the 900's with an aftermarket exhaust but have seen a crap load of SD's that have a big 5" or 6" exhaust, and rollin' the coal.

4. tomrex

tomrex Professional Idiot

I raced one when I was bone stock - he was a CC/LB, Im CC/SB - I pulled on him hard, but it could have been that mine's smaller. It was a quick truck though. I wouldn't want one, but they're nice.

5. DunesRunner08

DunesRunner08 Banned

May 7, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    If it wasn't for the DPF I would've gotten one a while ago...I'll stick with my 6slow....I have enough probs with the DPF on the cummins...thats going bye bye real soon!!

6. tomrex

tomrex Professional Idiot

That cummins DPF is giving problems too??