1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NV4500 Slave Cyl replacement

Discussion in 'GM Manual Transmissions' started by GM Guy, May 22, 2008.

1. GM Guy

GM Guy Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast

May 6, 2008
    NW Kansas and SC Idaho
    where do i need to go for a slave cyl replacement? GM? or is there a better and cheaper source?

2. schiker

schiker Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Pendleton, SC
    I used one from Autozone iirc it was made by Raybesto???. It looked pretty good. Bright aluminum body and felt heavy and solid. Its been a while but I think at least one other brand maybe GM I wasn't sure if it was painted pot metal or what the Raybesto actually looked the best.
    This was for my 97 concentric. Not sure about the external one.

I had a conversation with a ZF transmission engineer the other day and he told me GM really cut corners on clutch related components to cheapen the cost of offering a manual transmission. I believe it. My factory components are cheap plastic mostly.

So with that said I feel no great loyalty to buy factory replacement parts for this area. It doesn't have to say AC Delco / GM on the box for me but I do compare quality to OEM and try and pick the best one within economic reason.

3. GM Guy

GM Guy Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast

May 6, 2008
    NW Kansas and SC Idaho
    thanks for the response, I think we will be going with some offering from Rock Auto.