1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Injector problems for an LLY

Discussion in '04.5-05 LLY' started by mnnmaz, May 9, 2008.

1. mnnmaz

mnnmaz Recruit

May 9, 2008
    OK I hate to ask this but I don't know the answer...

The 05 LLY has a known #2 and #7 injector harness failure but my question is: What are the systems or knowing that the #2 and #3 injector harness needs to be "ice picked" / GM fixed?

Now please be NICE and explain to the lowest common denominator ie. us normal folk don't have a tech 2 or the expertise as some here... :frown2: so please try to help in a friendly easy way...

Thanks for the help....:cheers2:

2. stacks04

stacks04 McLovin

May 9, 2008
    terryville ct
    you can while the truck is runing like pooh jiggle the connector and see if it smooths out a bit, or just do the fix and insure you that it isn't it. not very hard to fix.

3. Drillchart

Drillchart Recruit

May 9, 2008
    CT
    Since we don't have the archive of the old site could you possible explain what the fix is and/or how to go about fixing it for the new guys that happen to show up here.

4. mnnmaz

mnnmaz Recruit

May 9, 2008
    Also, tell what the systems are to know if you need to do it :yikes: I just wana know what the systems are so if I drive in the middle of no where I know it could possibly be this....

5. sodfarmer

sodfarmer Movin on up.

May 10, 2008
    Northern Utah
    I only have a cheap $80 code reader and when I had problems I just read the codes. What you are looking for is a 0201 - 0208. The last number is the cylinder that is having problems. 2 4 6 8 on the drivers side. 1 3 5 7 on the passenger side. I don't have any pictures on where to pick the connectors, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

Good luck.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  6. 05lly2500hd

05lly2500hd Recruit

May 5, 2008
    Symptoms? Very rough idle/ride, feels almost like it's "cammin" or running out of fuel. Very noisy too. You WILL notice it. Again, very easy to fix.

7. sodfarmer

sodfarmer Movin on up.

May 10, 2008
    Northern Utah
    Symptoms? All listed above plus it sounds like a Powerstoke and will not accelerate or hardly pull itself.

8. 05lly2500hd

05lly2500hd Recruit

May 5, 2008
    no i was stating what the symptoms were. He said systems, thought he meant symptoms. I've already had this issue a while back. Thanks though.

9. Reineke

Reineke New Member

May 13, 2008
    Could be as simple as a limp with slight knocking and CEL on... Friend had it happen on his LLY... 150k plus miles...

10. DieselPhreak

DieselPhreak New Member

May 14, 2008
    Could this be the possible cause of a fuel knock type sound (only on one cylinder) while the engine is cold? It does have a lopey idle and cuts out at WOT but the balance rates are in check and it has no codes.

11. Reineke

Reineke New Member

May 13, 2008
    It could be, it is a known issue that strikes quite a bit at a wide range of milage, so since the "fix" is free, it is definately worth a shot.

12. DunesRunner08

DunesRunner08 Banned

May 7, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hear a lot of people with injector probs...Im not a chubby guy so I have to ask...is this a common issue with them?

13. Reineke

Reineke New Member

May 13, 2008
    The LLY has an injector harness issue. It can rub through at the alternator bracket or injectors #2 and or #7 connector can get bad and need the ice pick treatment. The injectors, like anything else mechanical, can fail, but it is not as common and you can fix them one at a time.

14. DunesRunner08

DunesRunner08 Banned

May 7, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    So pretty much I should stay away from the LLY when I finally decide to get a d-maxi?

15. MGlickLBZ

MGlickLBZ Agent Quack Smacker

May 5, 2008
    South Central, WI
    Don't you buy new ones off the lot for Sema?

16. Reineke

Reineke New Member

May 13, 2008
    If you get scared over a little broken wires, then you should think about avoiding anything and everything as nothing is fail proof. There are other reasons to consider a different rev of Dmax than the injector harness issue...