• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DANA 60 SAS CONVERSION?

FellowTraveler

Thread starter #1
I've been missing all the good DANA 60's and finally found a GM unit w/30+k however it's passenger side drop and wonder if any of you know what else I need to do beside getting a pass drop t-case and modifying the exhaust.

If I go this route I'll use the stock springs from the diesel military truck the DANA 60 come out of.

THEFERMANATOR

FRANKENBURBAN
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Staff #4
You can go either side, but if you go passenger side drop you're going to have to build either a custom shift linkage, or buy the cable shifter kit to shift it. If you stay drivers drop you can use a stock shifter from the bone yard.

FellowTraveler

Thread starter #5
You can go either side, but if you go passenger side drop you're going to have to build either a custom shift linkage, or buy the cable shifter kit to shift it. If you stay drivers drop you can use a stock shifter from the bone yard.
I forgot I had already installed a t-case shifter for D/S drop things like this happen when you get old its called "some-timers."