1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another Transgo Jr. question...

Discussion in 'GM Allison' started by Chromer, May 16, 2008.

1. Chromer

Chromer Ain't no Recruit

May 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    So, I have a 6 speed and I have already made the decision to do a Jr.

My question is this...

I cannot afford at this time, nor do I have the time to do a converter. The one time I ran my Quad on the 110 setting and leaned on it, I really did not like how the trans felt during the shifts on hard accel.

Is there a benefit for me to go with only the transgo jr. or am I just going to make matters worse for my stock converter?

2. alli_gator

alli_gator Recruit

May 9, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Yes the Jr. will be great addition, even with your stock converter. It will definitely be an improvment to your holding power and keep the clutches from burning up so quickly.

3. GmcLbz

GmcLbz New Member

May 3, 2008
    Mcdonough, NY
    X2! Well worth the money!

4. Chromer

Chromer Ain't no Recruit

May 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Thanks, guys... Can't wait to get it in!

5. Mike L.

Mike L. Recruit

May 5, 2008
    Watch out for the white tapered filter that sits in the upper half of the valve body. That is the half that only has 1 solenoid. The filter fits into a hole next to the solenoid.

6. Chromer

Chromer Ain't no Recruit

May 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Thanks, all help is appreciated.

When I get started I may give you a call if that's OK, just to make sure everything is going in the right places.

Thanks for the input

7. GmcLbz

GmcLbz New Member

May 3, 2008
    Mcdonough, NY

What happens if the filter gets misplaced?
    :biggrin5:

8. Mike L.

Mike L. Recruit

May 5, 2008
    Depends on where it gets displaced to. The filter is the B trim solenoid filter which is normaly open with fluid constanly flowing through it. Allison felt that some debris could get lodged in the solenoid and jam it. I saw that happen a week ago on a truck so Allison was correct in puting it there.

9. TIM Z

TIM Z Tie Rod Bender

May 7, 2008
    Navarre, Ohio
    Off top but Glad to see ya here Mike!!

10. 07dmax

07dmax diesel addict

May 14, 2008
    Stamford, CT
    How much does the Transgo kit go for? Is it a shift kit? Do you have to drop the tranny or could you do it in the truck?

11. t2ch

t2ch New Member

May 9, 2008
    Charlottesville, Va
    About $120 and you don't pull the tranny. It installs through the oil pan. I did mine on a lift and made a big enough mess. Couldn't imagine doing it on my back with tranny oil upto my arm pits.

12. jrkrace

jrkrace Recruit

May 9, 2008
    Connecticut

I did...and you're right. It's not that it's hard to do, but for a first timer, it's incredibly messy....

13. 07dmax

07dmax diesel addict

May 14, 2008
    Stamford, CT
    Where do you order this kit? I have a PPE HOT programmer and MBRP DPF back ( soon to be straight piped), will this be a big improvement?

14. jrkrace

jrkrace Recruit

May 9, 2008
    Connecticut
    I think it definitely helps. I got my kit from Mike L but Mat at Champion Trans in West Haven could also help you out...

15. t2ch

t2ch New Member

May 9, 2008
    Charlottesville, Va
    I wouldn't say big but you will definitly feel the difference in the firmness of the shifts. The comfort of knowing the tranny has more holding force is nice as well.
    I've seen less improvement from more expensive mods!

16. ChampionTransmission

ChampionTransmission New Member

May 15, 2008
    I appreciate the kind words!

17. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Member Advocate Staff Member Lead Moderator

Feb 10, 2008
    Slidell, La
    Yes...please support those that support us...give them a chance to match another price first... and Mat is a stand up guy and is here to answer your questions...

18. big block 88

big block 88 Big Block 88

May 26, 2008
    Kansas Topeka
    Jim or as you see him GMCLBZ at upstate diesl will treat you right I know first hand. I should have installed a trans go jr in my 6 spd I just cooked my clutches with My EFI Live tune I got from Jim, by the way Jim badass tune I love but the Alli hates it. Time for an ATS trip and a Billet.

19. ryanryan

ryanryan New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    How much of a tune can you put on a stock lmm without a dpf(70, 90?). How much of a tune do you think you can put on it with the transgo kit?

20. GmcLbz

GmcLbz New Member

May 3, 2008
    Mcdonough, NY
    You should be able to get away with 100Hp with a jr. but, alot depends on your right foot...