1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.2 Owner

Discussion in 'GM 6.2 Diesels' started by joeq, Mar 22, 2016.

1. joeq

joeq Member

Mar 19, 2016
    CT
    Not sure how many participants are on this 6.2 forum, cause I'm new to the club. just feeling things out right now. Introduced myself on the "introduction thread", (Another Newbie) and posted a few pics of my truck. 83 C-30 dually, (cab and chassis with a bed on it.). Still has a 6.2 in it, but not the original. That one broke a piston at 50K, a year after I bought it. so I rebuilt a doner, and 20years later, (another 50K after the rebuild), and it ate a valve. That was last spring, and I patched it together, and got it running. Here's some pics, for your viewing pleasure. the top one is of the busted piston in the original eng, and the bottom one is the broke valve last year.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There's a long story with that busted valve, with mucho pics, if anyone's interested.

2. Will L.

Will L. Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Boulder City Nv
    Yeah, a bunch of us moved from 6.2 to 6.5 land as the years went by. What's he story? That's a hot n hungry toy there. I notice the precup angle on its neighbor.

WarWagon likes this.
  3. WarWagon

WarWagon Well it hits on 7 of 8...

Nov 15, 2009
    AZ
    You and I are going to get along fine unless your are trying to give me a run for the money on breaking 6.x stuff. I would say you are a card carrying member of the club.

We have a carnage thread you can join. The small detail of a 6.5 is merely a bored out 6.2 makes it a bigger family.

http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/threads/6-5-carnage.39865/

NVW and Will L. like this.
  4. NVW

NVW Well-Known Member

May 5, 2008
    Castor, AB.
    You beat me to it WW
    I could only split a piston in half, impressive.

5. EWC

EWC Active Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Nothing a little JB Weld couldn't fix ....

Will L. likes this.