1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

285/75R16 tires - New

Discussion in 'Deal Finder' started by SnowDrift, May 5, 2018.

1. jrsavoie

jrsavoie Recruit

May 8, 2008
    Rural Clifton, Illinois
    285/75R16 Mastercraft Courser AXT - 285 75 16 Set of 4 tires - $700

He'd have to come down in price a might. That is about what I paid for the same tires on my truck.
    It seems like mine were under $700 out the door, 6.75% Sales tax, mounted and balanced

MrMarty51 likes this.
  2. btfarm

btfarm 330,000 Worth and counting Staff Member Moderator

May 12, 2008
    Sandwich, Illinois
    Had that exact set. Absolute crap.

MrMarty51 and jrsavoie like this.
  3. jrsavoie

jrsavoie Recruit

May 8, 2008
    Rural Clifton, Illinois
    Dang!! I'm really sorry to hear that!! LOL

I haven't put enough miles on them to tell yet. Not sure why I let myself be talked into them. I was wanting Firestone or something

MrMarty51 likes this.
  4. SnowDrift

SnowDrift Radical Right Wing Extremist

I've ran two sets of them without issue. A good friend ran through a set or two also, without issue. What made them crap?

I thought it was a fair price. The cheapest I could find was $800 shipped to my door. I took $100 off and went with it, thinking it would be a good value for someone. If it's too much, then make an offer. I'm not trying to make a living selling tires, but I just don't own anything that uses this size anymore, so they're not doing me any good.

5. jrsavoie

jrsavoie Recruit

May 8, 2008
    Rural Clifton, Illinois
    I thought it was just some random thing you posted up from Craigslist. I didn't know they were yours.

The tire sales man told me they were better now and sold me my set. I had a set previously that did not wear well.

There is a tire distributor 10 miles from my house, so sometimes we get better prices. I was kind of surprised at the price I was given.

MrMarty51 likes this.
  6. btfarm

btfarm 330,000 Worth and counting Staff Member Moderator

May 12, 2008
    Sandwich, Illinois
    Fine in snow and dry conditions but horrible on rainy pavement. And extremely loud from about 35- 50 mph.
    At least on the roads in Northern Illinois

7. SnowDrift

SnowDrift Radical Right Wing Extremist

I never had mine in snow, so I can't speak to that, but lots of wet pavement. Normally, I was pulling a trailer, though, so maybe the extra weight helped. I can't say I had any bad experiences with them in the past.

MrMarty51, btfarm and jrsavoie like this.