1. Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2004 Yukon XL 2500 LBZ

Discussion in 'Diesel Engine Conversions' started by BigDogYJ, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Husker6.5

Husker6.5 135' diagonal 16:9HD, 25KW sound!

Feb 10, 2011
    Lincoln, NE
    I forgot that the GMT-800's and later had Bose systems. Can't beat Bose.

BigDogYJ and btfarm like this.
  2. btfarm

btfarm 330,000 Worth and counting Staff Member Moderator

May 12, 2008
    Sandwich, Illinois
    I bought an Alpine Bluetooth enabled unit years ago with CD player and Pandora capability. I didn't get the touch screen one. I primarily wanted Bluetooth for hands free phone but I also use Google play for music and have never lost a solid connection but if I'm ever out of range and have no CDs I can access hundreds of songs I put in my android anyhow. I have the factory Bose system and I think it sounds great. Only complaint... Too freaking bright! But it isn't a big display like the touch screen ones.

3. BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ Active Member

May 8, 2008
    Kommifornia
    Well left for Florida on Wednesday. Rolled into central Florida tonight. Total mileage on swap so far is about 9600 miles in the past 2 months. Still running good. Fuel cooler seems to be leaking or maybe the fittings? Might have a look at then before we head back to California on Monday. Avg so far this trip was 20.2 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. Husker6.5

Feb 10, 2011
    Lincoln, NE
    What's your fuel capacity with that Yukon?

5. BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ Active Member

May 8, 2008
    Kommifornia
    I believe its 37 or 37.5 gallons.
    Most I ever put in was 34.495 gallons. That was 717 miles between fill ups. That was cutting it a little close for comfort. The low fuel light didn’t even come on. I may adjust the gauge a bit to get it to come on sooner.

6. Husker6.5

Feb 10, 2011
    Lincoln, NE
    Nah, cutting it close was when I put 43.2 gallons into my 42 gallon tank in my '98 K2500 Burb!

BigDogYJ and btfarm like this.
  7. BigDogYJ

BigDogYJ Active Member

May 8, 2008
    Kommifornia
    Haha. That’s great. Filled up the filler neck to the brim ehh?

8. 79jasper

79jasper Active Member

Nov 10, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Typically what I do. That's how I get a consistent fuelly reading.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Husker6.5 likes this.
  9. Husker6.5

Feb 10, 2011
    Lincoln, NE
    With rocking of the Burb and burping of the tank, yes. I've done that with all the vehicles I've ever owned for two reasons. 1) Maximum fuel capacity (that extra two quarts could keep you from a twenty mile walk). 2) Consistency for mileage computations. The only vehicles I've encountered that you can't do it with are the newest Ford capless fillers like on the Focus. After the nozzle kicks off, you can only put in a few tenths before it starts dumping fuel on the ground from somewhere above the tank/on the filler neck.

79jasper likes this.
  10. 79jasper

79jasper Active Member

Nov 10, 2013
    El Paso, TX
    Our edge was the same way, but I could sometimes milk it to where it just spills a little bit.
    That lc9 Burban we had would act up if filled to the brim. Died once or twice. My brother had a Sts? Cadillac (the v6) thing backfired out the engine literally blowing up the intake tubes one time after filling up. Was weird. Lol
    Now I now, can't really compare gas to diesel, as diesels dont run a evap system....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

11. Will L.

Will L. Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Boulder City Nv
    You really shouldn’t do that with gasoline rigs.

The canister can fill with fuel much sooner, instantly in some designs, and your replacing it just from that. That’s the reason the signs and stuff say do not top off.

BigDogYJ and smokymtn65 like this.
  12. THEFERMANATOR

THEFERMANATOR FRANKENBURBAN Staff Member Lead Moderator

May 9, 2008
    ZEPHYRHILLS FL
    Nothing like handing a customer a $600+ estimate to fix there fuel smell because charcoal got into EVERYTHING from them brimming the tank. And they would scream it's under warranty, but warranty doesn't cover negligence on the owners part.